Sweet Pea Baby Planners continues our series for The Denver Channel 2. Today’s topic, “Tips for New Dads”.
- Make your hospital bag packing a priority, by 36 weeks. Include an extra set of clothes you don’t mind getting stained, something to sleep in, small toiletries bag (you can shower at the hospital too) and a pillow and blanket; hospital’s aren’t known for their dad accommodations.
- Take part in the Doula interview and hiring process. This person will be a part of many intimate moments, be sure you are comfortable with her!
- Define boundaries for in-law visits. Be sure Dad is having ample time with his newborn before he returns to work.
- Have Dad ask friends and family for practical support; meals & household help. Sometimes a request coming from Dad is received with more cheer.
Of course we also featured some Dad designed products today!
- Dadgear.com Backpacks and messenger bags in 100+ styles. Dads love the simplicity of the features including the external wipes access. Check out their recycled billboard bags!
- Bellebabycarriers.com Designed by two rock climbing dads. Minimal frills, easy to use, comfortable as it shifts baby’s weight to dad’s hips rather than shoulders. It can also roll up and fit in dads bag! It’s a dad favorite and also received our seal of approval in 2008.